7 iulie 2011

My favorite "Pretty Woman" quotes

I think there is no one who can say he doesn t love "Pretty Woman" movie ! 
The script it's simply brilliant. 
These are my favorite quotes:


[Edward offers Vivian a condo, car, and a shopping allowance.]
Vivian: What else? You going to leave some money by the bed when you pass through town?
Edward: Vivian, it really wouldn't be like that.
Vivian: How would it be?
Edward: Well, for one thing, it would get you off the streets.
Vivian: That's just geography.
Edward: Vivian, what is it you want? What do you see happening between us?
Vivian: I don't know. When I was a little girl, my mama used to lock me in the attic when I was bad, which was pretty often. And I would… I would pretend I was a princess, trapped in the tower by a wicked queen. And then suddenly, this knight, on a white horse, with these colors flying, would come charging up and draw his sword… and I would wave, and he would climb up the tower, and rescue me. But never in all the time… that I had this dream… did the knight say to me, "Come on, baby, I'll put you up in a great condo."


Kit: Maybe you guys could, like, um… you know, get a house together, and like, buy some diamonds, and a horse — I don't know. Anyway… it could work! It happens!
Vivian: When does it happen, Kit?
Vivian: I just wanna know who it works out for. You give me one example of somebody that we know that it happened for.
[They start talking over each other.]
Kit: Name someone? You want me to name someone?
Vivian: Yeah, you know a person that it's worked for.
Kit: You want me to, like, give you a name, or something?
Vivian: Yeah, I'd like a name.
Kit: Oh, God, the pressure of a name… Cinde-fucking-rella! :))

Vivian: The stores are not nice to people — I don't like it.
Edward: Stores are never nice to people. They're nice to credit cards.


Vivian: Wow! Great view! I bet you can see all the way to the ocean from out here.
Edward: I'll take your word for it. I don't go out there.
Vivian: Why don't you go out there?
Edward: I'm afraid of heights.
Vivian: You are? So how come you rented the penthouse?
Edward: It's the best. I looked all around for penthouses on the first floor, but I can't find one.

Hollister: Mr. Lewis? How's it going so far?
Edward: Pretty well, I think. I think we need some major sucking up.
Hollister: Very well, sir. You're… not only handsome, but a powerful man. I could see the second you walked in here, you were someone to reckon with…
Edward: Hollister.
Hollister: Yes, sir?
Edward: Not me. Her.


Elizabeth Stuckey: '[about Vivian] She's sweet, Edward! Wherever did you find her?
Edward: 976-BABE.

Edward Lewis:"You and I are such similar creatures, Vivian. We both screw people for money."


Vivian: People put you down enough, you start to believe it.
Edward:
I think you… are a very bright, very special woman.
Vivian:
The bad stuff is easier to believe. You ever notice that?



Vivian Ward:"The first guy I've ever loved was a total nothing. The second was worse. My mom called me a bum magnet. There was a bum in a fifty mile radius, I was completely attracted to him."


Edward: So what happened after he climbed up the tower and rescued her?
Vivian: She rescues him right back.

Happy Man: Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream? Everybody comes here; this is Hollywood, land of dreams. Some dreams come true, some don't; but keep on dreamin' - this is Hollywood. Always time to dream, so keep on dreamin'.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu